Bubble Bottles to Colored Pencil Holder
You bought our bubbles and had a blast. Is the solution gone and looking to extend the fun? At Bubble World, we like reusing our materials for craft projects! In this easy activity, we turned our bubble bottles into a fun, colorful holder for colored pencils. Follow these step-by-step instructions to create your own:
- Empty Bubble Bottles of Assorted Colors
- Hot Glue Gun
- Dish Soap
- Color Pencils
1. Pick out a few empty Bubble World bubble bottles that you like. We went with a rainbow theme, selecting five colors: red, yellow, green, blue, and purple.
2. Soak the bottles in warm water and dish soap to help you remove the labels. We also used Goof Off and good old fashion elbow grease to really get the glue off.
3. After the bottles are clean and dry, use a hot glue gun to stick them all together. The number of bottles you select will determine the shape you can create. In our example, we made a circle. We placed a small dollop of glue on the rims where the bottles touch – both at the top and bottom of the bottles. A little goes a long way, and be careful when using hot glue with little ones. You can also opt for super glue, or colorful rubber bands.
4. Place your color pencils in the bottles. We color coded our pencils, matching them to the colors of the bottles. What a great way to teach colors to kids. Want to jazz your holder up even more? You can wrap the bottles with ribbons, pipe cleaners, or create your own labels. Or decorate the bottles with rhinestones, stickers, letters, and googly eyes for personality! The possibilities are endless. We’d love to see what you create, so share in the comments below.
5. Print out one of our great coloring pages and enjoy your decorative holder!
Wondering what to do with your wand? Check out our post on creating cute bubble wand flowers!
LEAVE A COMMENT
NO COMMENTS YET