The spookiest holiday of the year is almost upon us, and we have the perfect activity to get kids into the Halloween spirit! You might remember that we created unique monsters last year, but this year we are bringing it back to some of the Halloween basics – Frankenstein, a ghost, and a creepy spider.
- Empty Bubble World bubble bottles and clean wands
- Green string
- Pipe Cleaners
- Foam Paper/Construction Paper
- Googly Eyes
1. Start by using a green Bubble World bubble bottle to easily serve as the base for your green monster. Continue by wrapping your green string around the entire middle section of the bubble bottle.
2. Take a small, rectangular piece of black felt and cut a jagged line to create Frankenstein’s hair. Glue around the twist off cap.
3. Chose a pair of googly eyes for your Frankenstein and glue those to the middle of the bubble bottle.
4. With more of the black felt, cut out a mouth. Although he is a monster, this is a kid-friendly craft so we gave him a nice smile!
1. Use white foam or construction paper to cut out a ghostly shape. We free-handed our ghost but feel free to trace a template from the web (with parent’s permission).
2. Then, with black felt or construction paper, cut out two matching eyes and a wide-open mouth to mimic the open-mouthed “booooo” of a ghost. Alternatively, draw them on with a black magic marker.
3. For your final step, glue or tape your ghost to a clean, dry Bubble World wand.
1. Begin by taking four pipe cleaners of the same color and wrapping them around the large circle on the wand to create eight spider legs! Pick any color you want.
2. Then, take a white pipe cleaner and wrap it tightly around the base of the wand to create a webbed look.
3. Next, glue a large pompom onto the large circle. This will serve as the spider’s body and it will keep the pipe cleaner legs in place, while also hiding the wrapping you did so just the legs show. We picked the same color as the legs, but feel free to experiment.
4. Then, take a smaller pompom of the same color and glue a pair of googly eyes onto it for the spider’s face. Glue the pompom onto the smaller circle of the wand.
Now you have a trio of creepy creatures! If you try this craft idea, share it on social media and tag us @bubbleworldtoys.
LEAVE A COMMENT
NO COMMENTS YET